Need to talk?
St Nicholas Hospice Care Chaplaincy team is here to offer spiritual and emotional support to all those receiving care, their family and friends and to members of staff and volunteers.
Changes and challenges in life throw up some big spiritual and emotional questions. Losing the energy, control and freedom that we once took for granted can be a profound experience, and sometimes people need support at such difficult times.
St Nicholas Hospice Care has a full time Christian chaplain and a team of chaplains representing different faiths and those who have no religious affiliation. The team work as part of the Supporting People Team.
Spiritual and emotional needs
We are committed to supporting your spiritual, emotional and religious needs.
The situations we find ourselves in can be worrying and anxious times. Being able to talk to someone may help and enable us to find hope, strength and peace.
- We visit those on our ward receiving care, their family and friends
- We offer support and a listening ear
- We work as part of the multi-disciplinary team, offering spiritual, pastoral and religious support to those in our care, their family and friends, and to members of staff and volunteers
- When requested, we visit and support people in the community
- We lead religious services and reflections, thanksgiving and remembrance services and “Light up a Life” services (these are special remembrance services held during the Christmas season)
- We offer sacramental support when requested and appropriate
- We can help with practical issues such as planning funerals, officiating at funerals, and liaising with other faith ministers
- We can liaise with other support services to provide
- bereavement follow up
The Chaplaincy team
We have ministers of different Christian traditions, members of other faiths and of the Humanist tradition who can be contacted when needed.
Get in touch
If you feel you would benefit from the services our Chaplaincy team can provide, please speak to a member of staff or get in touch by calling 01284 766133 or email ClinicalAdministrators@stnh.org.uk