We've launched Celebrate Our Gardens
Join us for our virtual programme of events throughout June and July
St Nicholas Hospice Care is dedicated to its vision for everyone to matter in life and death
We are committed to our aims to:
- Equip everyone to live with dying, death and grief.
- Provide direct support.
- Strive for something better through innovation.
Find out more about St Nicholas Hospice Care
Find information on getting help or on how to support the charity
What would you like to do?
Get advice, support and discover all that the hospice offers
- Get support from specialists in palliative care
- Advice and information on dying, death and grief
- Education courses provided by experts to professionals and community members
- Make a one-off donation or join our regular giving programmes Friends of St Nics or the Lottery.
- Volunteer or engage with activities such as fundraising events, community appeals or legacy initiatives.
- Learn all that’s on offer from our retail operation, for example, visit our donation centre or our local and online shops.
- And much more.
Talking Together About Dying
We all need to talk together about dying.
We all make choices throughout our lives and some of these are really
important. The choices we make in death and dying give us a sense of
control, however big or small.
As the Hospice works to introduce new ways of working we need those with the passion to equip communities, and the ability to provide the best care, to join us.
Some of our latest activities
Girls Night Out 2021
We’re delighted to be able to announce that registrations for our 2021 Girls Night Out event, supported by main sponsor Suffolk-focused developer Jaynic are now open.
Hospice’s Chief Executive Officer Dr Barbara Gale set to retire
After leading St Nicholas Hospice Care for the past 16 years, the charity’s Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Dr Barbara Gale MBE, will be leaving the organisation and retiring to spend more time with her family.
Over the coming months, Barbara will work alongside colleagues and the Hospice’s Board of Trustees to recruit and hand over to a new CEO.
St Nic's Next Door
Our Hospice Neighbours Team is adapting to the current times and striving to find new ways to offer compassionate support.
To complement our volunteer Hospice Neighbours, we are now offering St Nic’s Next Door. They are a resourceful and well connected team, so if you need our help to support your neighbours, please get in touch.