St Nicholas Hospice Care is dedicated to its vision for everyone to matter in life and death
We are committed to our aims to:
- Equip everyone to live with dying, death and grief.
- Provide direct support.
- Strive for something better through innovation.
Find out more about St Nicholas Hospice Care
Find information on getting help or on how to support the charity
What would you like to do?
Get advice, support and discover all that the hospice offers
- Get support from specialists in palliative care
- Advice and information on dying, death and grief
- Education courses provided by experts to professionals and community members
- Make a one-off donation or join our regular giving programmes Friends of St Nics or the Lottery.
- Volunteer or engage with activities such as fundraising events, community appeals or legacy initiatives.
- Learn all that’s on offer from our retail operation, for example, visit our donation centre or our local and online shops.
- And much more.
Call to action: Talking together about dying
Why we need to have this conversation and write it down
We have seen how people with COVID-19 may become ill quickly, often separated from family and friends with no time to think through what is important to them if they were dying.
Please use the following information to support your conversations with loved ones, relatives or healthcare professionals about care planning and what’s important to you.
Download the Talking together about dying guide
As the Hospice works to introduce new ways of working we need those with the passion to equip communities, and the ability to provide the best care, to join us.
Some of our latest activities
We're all in this together
Running until the end of April 2021 We’re All In This Together is a chance for you to have some fun, see some new faces, take part in activities and find out more about our Hospice community.
Update: Hospice restructure to introduce a new clinical model and adapt to the ongoing impact of COVID-19
The pressure placed on St Nicholas Hospice Care by the coronavirus was unexpected and significant.
While our ability to continue is not in imminent danger, we do need to bring forward previously planned changes to ensure the charity’s continued sustainability.
St Nic's Next Door
Our Hospice Neighbours Team is adapting to the current times and striving to find new ways to offer compassionate support.
To complement our volunteer Hospice Neighbours, we are now offering St Nic’s Next Door. They are a resourceful and well connected team, so if you need our help to support your neighbours, please get in touch.