To everyone who walked with us and supported Girls Night Out
St Nicholas Hospice Care is dedicated to its vision for everyone to matter in life and death
We are committed to our aims to:
- Equip everyone to live with dying, death and grief.
- Provide direct support.
- Strive for something better through innovation.
Find out more about St Nicholas Hospice Care
Find information on getting help or on how to support the charity
What would you like to do?
Get advice, support and discover all that the hospice offers
- Get support from specialists in palliative care
- Advice and information on dying, death and grief
- Education courses provided by experts to professionals and community members
- Make a one-off donation or join our regular giving programmes Friends of St Nics or the Lottery.
- Volunteer or engage with activities such as fundraising events, community appeals or legacy initiatives.
- Learn all that’s on offer from our retail operation, for example, visit our donation centre or our local and online shops.
- And much more.
Nicky's Way group sessions resume
“For the first time since our loss, we felt we were surrounded by people who were there to listen to our story."
With the ongoing pandemic meaning that Nicky’s Way has had to change the way it offers support, on July 27 and 28, a group of children and their families became the first group in over 18 months to attend one of our Nicky’s Way group sessions.
Learn how Nicky's Way can support children, young people and their families
As the Hospice works to introduce new ways of working we need those with the passion to equip communities, and the ability to provide the best care, to join us.
Some of our latest activities
Girls Night Out 2021
Thank you to all those who took part in 2021’s Jaynic’s Girls Night Out.
What a night! Please check our Girls Night Out Facebook Page, where photos from the event are being shared.
Hospice’s Chief Executive Officer Dr Barbara Gale set to retire
After leading St Nicholas Hospice Care for the past 16 years, the charity’s Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Dr Barbara Gale MBE, will be leaving the organisation and retiring to spend more time with her family.
Over the coming months, Barbara will work alongside colleagues and the Hospice’s Board of Trustees to recruit and hand over to a new CEO.
St Nic's Next Door
Our Hospice Neighbours Team is adapting to the current times and striving to find new ways to offer compassionate support.
To complement our volunteer Hospice Neighbours, we are now offering St Nic’s Next Door. They are a resourceful and well connected team, so if you need our help to support your neighbours, please get in touch.