Terms and conditions
This is a pick your own challenge similar to a New Year’s Resolution. For example, commit to eat less for 12 weeks and lose X weight, walk more, read more, swear less, run every day, watch telly less, wash up more, sleep more, sleep less! Participants can either pay a forfeit if they do not achieve their aim, or ask friends and family to sponsor them.
The timescales for this are any time between 1 January and 30 April, although if people require a longer amount of time they can do so if they notify us.
1. Participants must register their challenge/commitment online.
2. Participant’s safety is top priority at all times. Participants are responsible for their own safety.
3 There is no lower or upper age limit for participants, however anyone under the age of 16 must have the consent from a parent or guardian.
4. Participants agree to only fundraise for St Nicholas Hospice Care.
5. Participants agree that all fundraising from sponsorship and donations are given to St Nicholas Hospice Care in full.
6. If a participant takes on a solo challenge, we would also encourage them to notify another person of the activity or ask someone to accompany them.
7. All activities must be completed in accordance with the government guideline in place at the time.
8. Participants are responsible for ensuring that they are fit to complete the event, and consider any medical conditions to ensure they are fit to take on the challenge. Please consult your doctor if you suffer from heart, joint, back or breathing problems or any other medical condition that may affect your ability to complete your challenge
St Nicholas Hospice Care is indebted to our supporters for raising funds to allow our work with death, dying and grief to continue throughout our community. We encourage participants to raise funds through online donation pages and seek sponsorship from family, friends and loved ones. We can also email you a sponsor form if requested, which you can print off. Please contact Fran Bean if you would like a form.
Using your data
We would like to keep in touch with you regarding this event, so we will use your email address and postal details to contact you. Please provide accurate details when registering
We may contact you to find out a little bit more about why you have decided to take part in this event and if you are happy for us to do so; we may share your story as part of the event’s publicity. We will always check with you first.