Call our 24/7 advice line for health care professionals and families if you need support with symptom management and end of life care - 01284 766133.
Hospice’s Annual General Meeting for 2023 takes place
The Hospice’s 40th Annual General Meeting (AGM) took place on Thursday, 30 November, 2023.
Held at the charity’s Hardwick Lane Hospice, the meeting, which takes place annually, was used to review the previous financial year and follow formal procedures regarding the management and governance of the charity.
During the AGM our Chairman of the Board Charles Simpson, who had been a Hospice Trustee for almost 10 years and Chairman of our Board of Trustees for the past eight, officially stepped down.
Charles thanked staff and volunteers for all of their contributions, efforts and dedication, and Charles was also thanked by the Hospice’s Chief Executive Officer, Linda McEnhill for his work.
During the meeting, the following also took place:
- The approval of the minutes of the 2022’s AGM, which took place on December 8, 2022
- The approval of the Trustees’ Annual Report and Accounts 2022-2023
Our CEO Linda McEnhill gave a brief summary of the year, and our Head of Finance also gave an update.
- The re-appointment of Anne Fisher, Donna Forster and Sam Turner as Trustees
- The resignation of Susan Hayter, Marion Miles, Ann Langdon and Michelle Mason as Trustees was noted, and thanks were given
- The appointment of new Trustees David Evans, Anthony Faulkner, Joanne Howlett, Anita Pearson and Paul Siklos was confirmed
- Lovewell Blake LLP was appointed as our auditors (from this meeting until the conclusion of our next AGM).
- Anne Fisher was officially as our new Chairman of the Board of Trustees.