Call our 24/7 advice line for health care professionals and families if you need support with symptom management and end of life care - 01284 766133.
Safeguarding: Promoting a safer Hospice
Together we can work to keep everyone safe and promote wellbeing for all of us across Suffolk.
Abuse is not normal. Every person’s wellbeing matters. Safeguarding is everyone’s responsibility.
For more information or to report a safeguarding concern, please go to Suffolk Safeguarding Partnership website: www.suffolksp.org.uk
You can also report a safeguarding concern by calling Customer First on 0808 800 4005.
Safeguarding at St Nicholas Hospice Care
The care and protection of children, young people and adults involved in Hospice care and activities is the responsibility of every single one of us.
Our commitments are:
• To promote a safer environment and culture
• Raise awareness of safeguarding and our responsibilities as individuals working for the Hospice
• Respond promptly to every safeguarding concern or allegation
• Safely recruit and support all our staff who work with children and vulnerable adults
• Appropriately care for individuals affected by abuse
• Care for those who may pose a present risk
If any of our staff or volunteers have concerns that someone is at risk of, or is being abused, or presents a risk to others, they will seek advice from our Safeguarding Leads.
The Hospice’s PREVENT and Safeguarding Leads are:
- Sharon Basson, Clinical Services Director: email@example.com
- Charlotte Harkness, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pippa Wilding, email@example.com
St Nicholas Hospice Care’s Safeguarding Policy can be found here: Safeguarding Policy STNH607.
If you think someone is in immediate danger or at risk, please dial 999.