Call our 24/7 advice line for health care professionals and families if you need support with symptom management and end of life care.
St Nicholas Hospice Care events and activities: update
Following the government’s announcement to delay the ending of Covid-19 restrictions until July 19, we have made some changes to our upcoming events.
We have reviewed our Hidden Gardens of Bury event and The Edge cycle challenge (both taking place on July 11) to ensure that we can run the events safely for our staff, volunteers, and supportive community.
Our Skydive Day, on Sunday, 18 July, will take place (this was able to go ahead last year during a time of restrictions) and plans for any changes to our Girls Night Out event on Saturday, 11 September, are constantly being reviewed, and we are ready should any additional measures or processes need to be implemented.
What we are doing at our events
For the Hidden Gardens of Bury, The Edge and all Hospice organised events and activities taking place before July 19, we have:
• Risk assessed the events to include Covid-19 measures in compliance with and exceeding the guidelines laid out by the government.
• Spoken to our public liability insurers to make them aware of any activities we are conducting that could see a broad attendance. We will only provide such activities, ensuring their approval.
• Where our activities are taking place in public places made the local authorities aware of our activities and sought their approval based on our assurance of a detailed risk assessment and compliance with government guidelines.
• Advised the public to pre-book tickets to our events and activities, as this allows for instant track and trace, shortens socially distanced queues, and allows us to monitor attendance numbers in advance.
• Where tickets for events and activities are sold on the day, contactless payment is encouraged, social distancing will be required, and antibacterial wipes will be used after every transaction.
• For the Hidden Gardens of Bury, we will be following strict government guidelines and only allowing a maximum of 30 guests into a garden at one time (smaller Gardens will have a reduced capacity). Please, therefore, respect our volunteers at each gate and if necessary form a socially distanced queue outside the gardens.
• During Hidden Gardens of Bury, our garden owners will not be providing refreshments as they usually would. The Hospice’s catering team will provide refreshments at the Guildhall garden. As the event is around Bury town centre other outlets are also available.
• Increased the number of volunteers at Hospice organised events to ensure social distancing to aid compliance with government guidelines.
• Ensured that hand sanitisers will be available at our events.
• Planned for track and trace measures to be in place at all of our events.
• Thought about how any ‘goodies’ given out at events will be done safely. They will be required to be collected in a social distanced fashion, from a table rather than a staff member or a volunteer. Again, hand sanitisers will be available.
Our community is at the centre of our work, and as always, the safety and welfare of our staff, volunteers, and supportive community is, and remains, paramount to us.
We are pleased that we have been able to restart Hospice organised events cautiously, and we are so grateful to all who come along to enjoy them while supporting our charity to raise much-needed funds.
Please help us keep everyone safe
While enjoying any of the Hospice’s events, we ask everyone to please continue to observe the following behaviours:
Hands: Wash your hands regularly and for 20 seconds.
Face: Wear a face covering in indoor settings where social distancing may be difficult and where you will come into contact with people you do not usually meet.
Space: Stay two metres apart from people you do not live with where possible, or one metre with extra precautions in place (such as wearing face coverings or increasing ventilation indoors).
If you have any of the Covid-19 symptoms we’d ask that you do not attend or participate in our events, and follow all government advice. For more guidance and support, please visit the government’s coronavirus website, by clicking here.