Call our 24/7 advice line for health care professionals and families if you need support with symptom management and end of life care - 01284 766133.
Hospice’s Annual General Meeting for 2022 takes place
The Hospice’s 39th Annual General Meeting (AGM) took place on Thursday, 8 December.
Held virtually, the meeting, which takes place annually, was used to review the previous financial year and follow formal procedures regarding the management and governance of the charity.
During the meeting:
• Charles Simpson, the then Chair of the Board of Trustees (stepped down November 2023), welcomed everyone to the meeting and gave apologies for any absences.
• The minutes of the last AGM were accepted and approved. There were no matters arising from the minutes. The minutes can be viewed by clicking here.
• Our CEO Linda McEnhill gave a brief summary of the year.
• Our Head of Finance also gave an update.
• As our auditors could not attend the meeting, a short statement from them was read.
• Together with reports from the Trustees and auditors, the accounts were received and adopted.
• Two trustees were re-elected and will serve on the board for another three years.
• The resignation of one of our Trustees was noted, and another was officially appointed and welcomed to the Board of Trustees.
• Auditors were reappointed for a further period of 12 months.
• Linda and Charles formally thanked the Hospice’s staff and volunteers and recognised our new directorate team and their efforts and leadership over the past year.