Need to talk?
Raise money for St Nic’s by making your own personal challenge and inspiring others to sponsor you.
As part of the Hospice’s 35th anniversary celebrations, it has launched its first virtual fundraising challenge.
What is a virtual challenge?
- A virtual challenge enables you to personalise your own challenge
- You choose when, where and how to complete between 1 May 2019 and 2020
- Choose your own target or create a challenge to fit the 35-year celebrations such as a 35km run, 35 laps of Angel Hill, swim 35 lengths
How do you sign up?
We ask you to register your challenge with the Hospice online, so we can offer support and award you a medal.
To register please complete the online form and pay a £10 donation online.
Share your challenge with friends, family and colleagues to inspire sponsorship. All funds raised will support people living with dying, death and grief.
Participants under the age of 18
Please tell your parents/guardians about your wish to raise money for St Nic’s. We will require written consent from them.
A consent form is available to download here.
Please send a copy:
By email: Scan or take a photo and send to email@example.com.
By post: Fundraising team, St Nicholas Hospice Care, Hardwick Lane, Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, IP33 2QY.
Promoting your challenge
JustGiving makes online giving easy. You can use it to create an online page to share with the people you know on social networks. They can read your story, donate money and increase their donations with GiftAid.
If you wish to use a paper sponsorship form, please indicate on your registration form and the Fundraising team will send you one.
Virtual 35 T-shirts and medals
Receive your very own Virtual 35 T-shirt to wear whilst carrying out your challenge and be rewarded with your medal once you have succeeded!
Thank you to our sponsors
With thanks to HomeStore and Abbeycroft Leisure for their support.
Terms and Conditions
1. To take part in the St Nicholas Hospice Care virtual races challenge, participants must pay £10, and agree only to raise funds for St Nicholas Hospice Care.
2. Participants acknowledge they will participate and complete their nominated challenge in a manner chosen by them, at locations chosen by them and at their own risk.
3. Participants accept that participation in this event is at their own risk and they accept that participating in this event may involve real risk of injury or death.
4. Participants must declare that they are physically fit and capable in achieving their set challenge.
5. The Fundraising team will use email to contact you about your participation in the Virtual 35. Permission to contact you for other purposes will be clearly stated on the registration form.
6. Participants should be aware of any medical condition or impairment that will prevent participation in this event or will affect their health by participation.
7. Participants to be aware that the St Nicholas Hospice Care Virtual Challenge is a virtual activity and that St Nicholas Hospice Care Events & Challenges Team will not track or verify results or provide volunteers, marshals or medical personnel assistance to any participant, or any other claims.
8. Participants indemnify any event organiser, sponsors, volunteers, and employees involved in this activity directly or indirectly against all liability for any and all injury, loss or damage connected with the entrant’s participation.
9. Entrants acknowledge that refunds will only be given for certified medical reasons.
10. Medals will only be issued upon completion of your challenge/race/activity.