Call our 24/7 advice line for health care professionals and families if you need support with symptom management and end of life care.
The Virtual Valentine’s Challenge Terms and Conditions
1. Registration for the event remains open until 5pm on Friday 12 February 2021.
2. There is no minimum or upper age limit for participants, but anyone under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult and is the responsibility of that adult.
3. Donations made to the Virtual Valentine’s Day Challenge are non-refundable if you decide not to take part in the event.
4. You agree to only fundraise for St Nicholas Hospice Care.
5. You agree that all fundraising from sponsorship and donations are given to St Nicholas Hospice Care in full.
6. Any walk or run that you complete will be a route of your choosing and we suggest you complete this in daylight hours, and use routes with defined footpaths. You must stay safe, and your safety is your responsibility. We would also encourage you to notify another person of your route if you are walking or running unaccompanied.
7. All activities must be completed in accordance with the government guidelines in place at the time.
8. St Nicholas Hospice Care will not provide any water or first aid. Please take your own water with you, and keep hydrated.
9. Participants are responsible for ensuring that they are fit to complete the event, and consider any medical conditions to ensure they are fit to take on the challenge. Please consult your doctor if you suffer from heart, joint, back or breathing problems or any other medical condition that may affect your ability to take part.
1. St Nicholas Hospice Care is indebted to our supporters for raising funds to allow our work with death, dying and grief to continue throughout our community. We encourage participants to raise funds through online donation pages such as JustGiving and seek sponsorship from family, friends and loved ones. We can also email you a sponsor form if requested, which you can print off. Please contact us.
Using your data
We would like to keep in touch with you regarding this event, so we will use your email address and postal details to contact you. Please provide accurate details when registering. We will post your certificate to you after the event.
Event photography and Promotion
1. By registering for The Virtual Valentine’s Challenge you give permission for St Nicholas Hospice Care to use your name and photo in any future publicity materials that might be produced unless a written objection is received by the Fundraising Team.
2. We may also contact you to find out a little bit more about why you have decided to take part in this event and if you are happy for us to do so; we may share your story as part of the event’s publicity. We will always check with you first.