Christmas tree recycling service
January 10, 2022
Suggested £5 donation
Bookings for our Christmas tree collection have now closed. Thank you to everyone who has booked a collection and made a donation. We’re so grateful for your support.
Please note, due to the large number of trees being collected this year, we will now be collecting trees from those in IP28 postcodes on Monday 17 and Tuesday 18 January.
The St Nicholas Hospice Care House Clearance team will be returning with their Christmas tree recycling service in January 2022.
Collections will take place from 10 to 18 January 2022 in the following postcode areas:
IP24 (Thetford and surrounding villages in this postal area)
IP29 (Bury St Edmunds)
IP30 (Bury St Edmunds)
IP31 (Bury St Edmunds)
IP32 (Bury St Edmunds)
IP33 (Bury St Edmunds)
IP27 (Brandon and towards Mildenhall)
Allocation of collection dates
(Please note that the allocation of these dates are estimates, but all collections will take place between 10 and 17 January)
Monday 10 January: IP30, IP32, IP33
Tuesday 11 January: IP31, IP32, IP33
Wednesday 12 January: IP33, IP29, IP24
Thursday 13 January: IP27, CO10
Friday 14 January: CO10, CB9, CB8
Monday 17 January: IP14, IP28 (Please note this new collection date)
Tuesday 18 January: IP28 (Please note this new collection date)
A suggested donation of £5 will go to St Nicholas Hospice Care.
Bookings close at 1pm on Thursday 6 January.
Thank you to the Euston Estate who will be supporting the service this year, recycling the trees at no cost and turning them into wood chippings to be used around newly planted trees.
Terms and Conditions
- Your donation is non-refundable.
- Collections must be booked before 1pm on Thursday 6 January 2022.
- Trees will only be collected from the outside of a property.
- Please make sure that the tree is placed within your property boundary, and does not block any access or public footpaths.
- We will only collect within the following postcodes: IP24 (Thetford and surrounding villages in this postal area), IP28, IP29, IP30, IP31, IP32, IP33, IP27, CO10, CB8, CB9 and IP14.
- We will only collect real trees.
- Any synthetic trees will not be collected.
- Trees must be completely stripped of decorations and lights. Any trees that still have decorations on them will not be collected.
- Please put your tree out three days before collection if possible.
- The allocation of dates specific to postal areas are estimates, but all collections will take place between 10 and 17 January 2022.
- We reserve the right to refuse a collection at any time.