London Winter Walk
The Oval Cricket Ground, Kennington Oval, London, UK
March 27, 2021 8am
Get those walking boots out, wrap up, stretch the legs and get active in the New Year.
The Winter Walk organised and run by Ultra Challenges, takes place on Saturday, 27 March, with organisers adapting it to create a ‘Covid-Secure’ model.
Choose your distance – you’ll get a few winter ‘goodies’, a medal, some hot food & drink ‘to go’ – and a great event to take on as we head into a more positive year.
This event has plenty of outdoors space and has staggered timings to ensure social distancing measures can be implemented.
There are two distance options – Full Marathon & Half Marathon – with both starting and finishing at The Oval Cricket Ground near Vauxhall. The routes take in highlights of the Thames and its historic bridges, and many of the Capital’s major landmarks.
This event was originally intended to take place on February 27 and 28, the date had to be postponed due to the third lockdown.
If you had already signed up for either of the February dates – please click here to see what options are available, and what action you need to take in respect of this date change.
• Join as Individual or Team
• 42km Full Marathon Challenge
• 21km Half Marathon Challenge options
• Rest stops – snacks, drinks, toilets and medics
• Hot food and drink “to go” at the finish
• Winter Walk Medal and certificate for all finishers
• Free bobble hat and neck buff
• Do it at Your pace
• Pre-event training support + App
• Good tube and train links
Sign up and fundraising options
1. Charity sponsorship – you pay a small registration fee, do lots of fundraising and we cover the cost of your event place!
2. Mixed funding – pay half of the event place cost yourself, fundraise a bit less and we pay the balance of the event place cost.
3. Self fund – you pay the full cost of the event place – fundraise whatever you want, with no set target or deadline, and there’s no cost at all to the charity!
For full details of prices and to sign up, please click here.