Call our 24/7 advice line for health care professionals and families if you need support with symptom management and end of life care.
Information regarding our retail services
In accordance with the government’s announcement of a second lockdown temporary changes to our retail services have been made.
• All of our shops (Barton Road, St John’s Street and Hardwick Parade in Bury St Edmunds as well as our stores in Mildenhall, Haverhill, Sudbury, Long Melford, Brandon and Newmarket will close for the duration of the lockdown. We are planning to re-open shops on Wednesday, 2 December.
• From Wednesday, 2 December, shops will be open as follows:
Barton Road, Bury St Edmunds – Monday to Friday from 9.30am-4.30pm and Saturdays from 10am to 4pm. We are unable to accept donated items at this store.
St John’s Street, Bury St Edmunds – Open Tuesday to Saturday from 10am to 4pm. We are unable to accept donated items at this store.
Brandon – Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 10am-4pm. We are unable to accept donated items at this store.
Haverhill – Tuesday – Thursday 10am-4pm, Saturday 10am-4pm. You can bring donated items to this store on a Monday, but please call the shop in advance.
Newmarket – Tuesday – Saturday 10am to 4pm. We are unable to accept donated goods at this store.
Mildenhall – Tuesday – Saturday from 10am to 4pm. You can bring donated items to this store on a Tuesday, but please call the shop in advance.
Sudbury – Open Tuesday- Saturday from 10am to 4pm. We are unable to accept donated goods at this store.
Long Melford – Monday to Saturday from 10am to 4pm. Donations cannot be accepted at this store.
• Our Haven Café in the Haverhill Hub will re-open on Wednesday, 2 December.
• Our Donation Centre on Chapel Pond Hill in Bury St Edmunds is open. Donated goods can be dropped of at the centre, but those wishing to do so will need to book a slot beforehand. Click here to find out more. Unfortunately, we will be unable to accept goods from those who haven’t booked in advance.
• During their temporary closure stores will be unable to accept donated goods, please don’t leave items outside our shops as these could become a hazard. Please, if you can save them for us until we are able to re-open or book a slot at our Donation Centre.
• Adhering to all government guidance our House Clearance Service continues to operate.
• You can also support the charity through our eBay store. There are plenty of items on sale, including some more seasonal items as we head towards the festive period. Click here to find out more.
Thank you to all of our customers who have supported us throughout these difficult months of 2020.
Your kindness is much appreciated by our staff and volunteers, who look forward to welcoming you back once more when we are able to.
Please note: we are considering all government advice and guidance. While every effort is being made to ensure the information on this page is correct, things are subject to change.
Help the Hospice by becoming a shop volunteer
Although all of our shops are temporarily closed, our staff and volunteers are looking forward to re-opening again.
To help support our shops we are looking for more volunteers.
Our retail volunteer roles offer a lot of variety, and include sorting donations, working on the till, displaying goods for sale, and most importantly ensuring all our customers receive a friendly welcome.
We need people to lend a hand across all of our shops, our Bury St Edmunds stores in Hardwick Parade, Barton Road and St John’s Street as well as our shops in Haverhill, Newmarket, Sudbury, Long Melford, Brandon and Mildenhall. At the moment we have a particular need for volunteers in our Brandon and St John’s Street shops.
The great thing about our volunteer roles is that we can be flexible, so if you think you can help please get in touch.
Our Donation Centre on Chapel Pond Hill remains open.
We are following all government advice and social distancing measures are in place.
To make sure donations can be dropped off as safely as possible a booking system is in operation and we’d ask that you only arrive during your slot time.
If you arrive without a pre-booked slot, unfortunately, we will be unable to accept your items.
To allow for an isolation period, staff will ask you to place your donations in a marked bay.
Staff can help you with heavy items, but you will need to let us know in advance, so we can put the necessary measures in place.
Slots are available Monday to Friday from 9am to 12pm and 1pm to 3pm. You can book your slot by calling 01284 747622.
Please click here to find out more.
Our Warehouse Sales are not taking place.
This will remain the case for the foreseeable future. Please keep an eye out for any updates.
Our House Clearance Service is running.
Extra measures are in place and we are adhering to the social distancing rules.
Please contact Darren Devine (House Clearance Manager) on 07969 619647 to arrange a house clearance assessment or to answer any questions or queries you may have.
Please click here to find out more.
eBay and online shop
Our eBay shop, where you can find donated goods, including unique and rare items, is running.
You can visit our shop by clicking here