Important information about Battle of the Knights
We look forward to seeing you at Battle of the Knights. Below you will find all the information you need to know about the event.
In the week leading up to the event you will receive an email stating your wave time. We will be using timing chips at Battle of the Knights to record your time. We use a trusted company to provide the chips which record your time on the day. We will send this company limited data about you, including your name, age category and gender. This data will only be used for this event. If you do not wish us to pass on your information, please contact us on email@example.com.
Please click here for the disclaimer for the event. We ask that you print and complete this document, and bring it with you on the day. Those who have not completed and signed this form will be unable to take part.
Entries are still being taken for this event. Our online entry form will close at midday on Thursday, 11 April. Anyone who wishes to enter on the day, please come to the sign-in desk. Please note; on the day entries will be allocated to the last wave.
We ask you not to bring sponsorship monies on the day. Please bring them into us at the Hospice after the event. Although there is no minimum sponsorship amount required, participants are very welcome to raise money and if you need any sponsor forms, please do let us know.
What to do on the day
- Once you arrive at The Playground, please head to the black container to register for the event.
- Please arrive 30 minutes before your wave time. Due to limited parking and room we ask that you arrive within this time. We will prioritise the earlier waves during sign in.
- Please bring your signed disclaimer form with you. You will not be able to take part if we do not have this. We will have some spare copies available if you have been unable to print the one off we have previously emailed to you.
- Parking will be on site at The Playground, and will be signposted. Where possible, we ask you to car share to the event. Please be aware that the entrance and exit to the car park will have runners setting off and returning to The Playground.
- There are no showers available (but there is a cold water stand pipe) and it is suggested that you bring a change of clothes and shoes and a towel with you for your return journey, and a bin bag to put your dirty items in.
- Online entry closes on 11 April, however we will be taking entries on the day. Anyone who wishes to enter on the day, please come to the sign-in desk. Please note; on the day entries will be allocated to the last wave, and the registration fee is to be paid in cash only.
During the race
- Safety is paramount at Battle of the Knights III, and we want you to complete the event as safely as possible, and still have fun! At the start of each wave you will be given a safety briefing by staff from The Playground.
- If you decide not to attempt certain obstacles, you will be asked to wait for a 60-second time penalty, or be given 10 burpees to do. If you have a go but are unable to complete an obstacle, you will be given a proportion of the full time penalty.
- There will be marshals wearing hi-vis vests along the 4k run, please follow their advice. There will also be marshals amongst the obstacles who can suggest ways of tackling the more difficult ones, and we have first aid cover should there be any bumps or bruises along the way. If you do injure yourself, please notify either the nearest marshal or ask a fellow participant to get help.
- With the warmer weather, it’s even more important to stay hydrated throughout the event. Take some extra time during the transitions to take on board extra fluids.
- The ground on the assault course will be as hard as concrete in places so please take extra care when landing off the taller obstacles, bending your knees on impact.
- We have already asked for your emergency contact details, so if anything has changed please do let us know when you sign in.
Once you have completed the course and removed your timing chip, you will receive a medal and you will able to recharge.
Event Terms and Conditions
- Upon receipt of your entry form and fee we will issue an email or letter of confirmation and sponsor forms if requested. Your place is not confirmed until you receive this.
- By registering for Battle of the Knights you give permission for St Nicholas Hospice Care to use your name and photo in any future publicity materials that might be produced unless a written objection is received by the Fundraising Team.
- By registering for Battle of the Knights you give permission for St Nicholas Hospice Care to use your name and other information for event purposes. We use a trusted company which provides a timing service for the event and will record your time on the day. We will send this company limited data about you, including name, age category and gender prior to the event. This data will only be used for this event.
- Entry for Battle of the Knights 2019 is £30 for adults and £15 for children
- Refund policy: refunds will not be available if participants do not attend the event. In the unlikely event of St Nicholas Hospice Care cancelling due to bad weather or other unforeseen circumstances, a full refund will be offered to participants.
- Registration closes at midday on Thursday 11 April 2019.
- The minimum age for participants in the adult waves is 16, anyone aged under 18 must have signed parental consent. There is no upper age limit.
- There will be a children’s race that we will start before the adult races. All children’s places will be £15. This will be a 1km run followed by the 1km obstacle course.
- Places are non-transferable so if you are unable to take part for whatever reason you must inform us as soon as possible (and return your sponsor form if applicable, even if it has no sponsorship entries).
- Participants are responsible for their own medical condition and ensuring they are fit to complete the race. Please consult your doctor if you suffer from heart, joint, back or breathing problems or any other medical condition that may affect your ability to take part.
- Participants cannot be under the influence of alcohol at Battle of the Knights.
- At the event, photographers and videographers will be capturing images for use in publicity. If you are uncomfortable with your image being used in future publicity, please notify the Hospice’s Fundraising Team in writing, and/or express your wishes to those photographing on the day.
- We may also contact you to find out a little bit more about why you have decided to take part in the event and if you are happy for us to do so; we may share your story as part of the event’s publicity.
- On the day, representatives from the local media and other organisations are invited to attend. This includes reporters, photographers and videographers. During the event, they may wish to speak to you, take photographs or record a short interview. It is your decision whether to agree to their request. St Nicholas Hospice Care does not have any influence over how the information you share with them is used, or when and where images may appear. If you have any concerns on the day please speak to a member of the Events Team, who will all be wearing blue jackets.
- We must be able to keep you informed of important updates and information regarding this year’s event, so we will use your email address and postal details to contact you. Please provide accurate details when registering.
- We use Echoleft to process our event tickets and donations. It is a secure booking website, which charges a small fee of 2.5% to process and administrate any donations received. You can read more about this here: https://www.echoleft.com/trust/donations.
Thank you for being part of this very special event. We look forward to seeing you compete on Sunday 14 April.