Need to talk?
Call our 24/7 advice line for health care professionals and families if you need support with symptom management and end of life care.
Fundraising updates in response to the virus
As coronavirus develops, our main priority is the wellbeing and safety of our patients, supporters, staff and the wider community, and we do not want to put anyone at unnecessary risk.
We have decided, with immediate effect, to postpone fundraising events which gather large groups and/or result in increased contact with vulnerable people. These measures will be in place until 31 May and regularly reviewed.
List of cancelled activity at the bottom of this page.
Many of our supporters kindly also organise, with great success, their own fundraising activities for us, and we will be working closely with them on their plans and timescales. We continue to be indebted to our dedicated supporters.
It is with great concern that we must postpone any activity; every pound raised eases the pressure of meeting the growing need for hospice care across West Suffolk and Thetford.
We hope our supporters will engage with our Spring appeal, our Lottery and with our new ‘Friends of St Nics’ regular giving campaign, which we will be launching over the next few weeks. We thank all of our supporters for their volunteering, fundraising and donations, and hope that many will choose to be our closest Friends by supporting our work with a regular gift.
We apologise to anyone the event postponements may affect.
List of postponed activities
Organised by the Hospice:
- Our shops in Bury St Edmunds, Sudbury, Newmarket, Haverhill, Brandon, Mildenhall and Long Melford will be closed until further notice.
- The closure of our outreach Hub, which is in Camps Road, Haverhill, will include its shop and onsite cafe The Haven. The Haven will no longer be offering a takeaway service. All support groups, drop-ins and one-to-one sessions at the Hub will cease.
- Paws in the Park – 17 May – postponed until further notice
- St Nic’s Does Elvis – 16 April – postponed until further notice
- Wills Event – 2 April – Location to be moved
- Bangers to Bordeaux – postponed until further notice
- Warehouse Clearance Sale – postponed until further notice
- Collection service for donated goods – postponed until further notice
- Pop-up Shop, Stanton – postponed until further notice
- Time to Remember – Saturday, 2 May, Thursday, 7 May and Saturday, 16 May – postponed until further notice
Organised by the supporters:
- Bury to Clare originally 10 May 2020 now 9 May 2021
- Bury Beer Festival – 22-25 April – postponed until further notice
- Euston Rural Pastimes – New date Sunday 13 June 2021
- Haverhill goes biking – 13 June – postponed until further notice
- RAHOF meeting cancelled – 17 March